May 05, 2015

TAFE South Australia - Australia

Students under 18 years

TAFE SA is now accepting 17 year old international students to study either ELICOS or award courses.  Students must be 17 at the time of commencement of their study (as per the date identified on their CoE) but are able to apply when they are 16. The Department of Immigration and Border protection (DIBP) requires all students who are under the age of 18 to have appropriate welfare and accommodation arrangements in Australia.

In order to acquire a Student Visa, students will need to provide evidence that they will be living in either DIBP or TAFE SA approved welfare and accommodation arrangements.

Under 18 Application Quick Guide

1. Choose who will provide care for the student. If care and accommodation will be provide by parent               or close relative or if TAFE SA approved care and accommodation providers will be used.
2. Parent or guardian completes the Welfare and Accommodation Arrangement Form and follows the                 process
3. Student applies to study with TAFE SA
4. Care and accommodation is confirmed with the parent or guardian
5. Student accepts offer and receives CoE

Visa requirements

Condition 8532

  • If the student is under 18 years of age, they must maintain accommodation, support and general welfare arrangements that have been approved by your education provider.
  • Students must not change those arrangements without the written approval of their education provider.
  • Students must not travel to Australia before the day their welfare arrangements commence.

Changing welfare and accommodation arrangements

It is a requirement of the student visa (8532) that appropriate welfare arrangements be maintained during the students stay in Australia. If students do not maintain adequate welfare arrangements during their stay in Australia, their student visa may be cancelled.

If students intend to change their welfare or accommodation arrangements at any time, they must meet with the International Student Support Consultant and get written approval for this change. TAFE SA is obliged to notify DIBP of any changes to individual student’s welfare and accommodation arrangements.

                  For more information, please contact/visit your nearest JM Office today

No comments:

Post a Comment